Fender Rhodes 88 Key Refurb Kit$187.00
Restore your Rhodes piano with this all in one kit! The perfect starting point for any restoration!
[[start featured image]] https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0666/2821/products/Refurb_Kit_9fd19ae6-7bae-47f0-93be-4bec32bceecc_1024x1024.jpg?v=1532390308 [[end featured image]]
Our full refurb kits contain essentials for professional restoration of your Fender Rhodes piano. Kits come with choice of hammer tip kit, damper felts, tone bar screws and grommets and a miracle mod kit.
Need help choosing your hammer tips? Take a look at The Vintage Vibe Guide to Hammer Tips!
Looking for the 73 key kit? Find it here!
How do I pick the right Refurb Kit for my Fender Rhodes?
The following are ways to tell if your piano needs a Pre 1975 or Post 1975 Damper Felt Kit:
Pictured is a classic example of a Fender Rhodes action with single dampers, half wood half plastic hammers and wood action. If your piano has this type of action then you will want the Pre 1975 damper felt kit.
Pictured is a classic example of a Rhodes action with damper combs, all plastic hammers and aluminum frame action. If your piano has this type of action then you will want the Post 1975 damper felt kit.
The following are ways to tell if your piano needs a Pre 1978 or Post 1978 Miracle Mod Kit
1) Remove the plastic lid cover and look in the upper right-hand corner of the harp. There will be a 4 digit code stamp. The first 2 digits correspond to the week. The last 2 digits correspond to the year.
2) Remove the name rail and pull a key out. On any piano made after 1978 will have a factory installed bump to the key pedestal, underneath the red felt. If you find a bump you will choose a POST 78 kit. If you find a flat pedestal you will need a PRE 78 Kit.
3) Stock 1978 Rhodes Stage pianos had smaller black plastic control knobs. Since this is purely cosmetic and knobs could've been replaced or changed, always refer to #2 as your definitive test.
Damper Felt Kit
- Hammer Tip Kit (Choose graduated, angled, square or felt)
- Tone Bar Screw & Grommet Kit
- Miracle Mod Kit*
*As post 1978 Rhodes have a bump incorporated into the key pedestal, the post 78 miracle mod kit does not include bumps.
Instructions & Guides
(Click to make bigger or save)
6 Zone Angled Hammer Tips: